Welcome to the 1 Choice Yahoo! Store Blog.

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Don't like RSS? That's Ok!

Subscribe to our Blog and get email updates. You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter.

Thanks for coming by and please come back again soon!!
Monday, March 19, 2012
Friday we released our latest newsletter discussing transforming habits to work smarter not harder.

The first step was to get into the habit of writing great content each morning before we do anything else.

Here are the two questions I get asked the most during my coaching appointments:

1. Where do we put such great content?

Our blog.

2. This is the big one....

GREAT Question!

You want to use the 80/20 rule. Only 20% of your blog posts should actually push the sale. The other 80% should be fun or educational.

To help you get started, this week we are giving you 5 Awesome Blogging Ideas.

Let's start with the first one!

1. Keywords -

Head over to your favorite keyword research tool and you will find lots of great blogging ideas! Let me show you :)

Since my Golden Retriever is sitting right here nagging me to pet her, I will use a dog store as an example. Let's say that we sell dog and cat collars and we love selling dog collars with bling for beautiful Goldies like her. Let's do some research!

Do a little search for "bling dog collars" and let's see what we learn:

Great info but, let's get some really great blogging ideas! Click Global Monthly Searches twice so we see smallest to largest. Now let's look again.

Check it out! We just found 5 really great ideas for our blog that our customers will love!
  • Best dog collars for labs - Show different collars and show readers why you choose these collars for labs and other large dogs. Make sure to explain and compare the different types of collars. Show the good, the bad, and the ugly. This will get your readers to trust you, like you, and buy from you.
  • Fancy dog stuff - You can make this a super fun blog post and include your customers too! Show off dogs that look super fancy. Maybe at a wedding or prom. Make sure you get plenty of ohhh and ahhh pictures in this post!
  • Fun cat collars - Another post that would be great to include your customers. Whenever I take my pets to the groomers, they always come home with some fun collar around their neck. Go to Flickr.com and find photos if you have to. Pinterest is another great site for finding great pictures of animals.
  • Cheap designer dog carriers - Turn this into an educational piece. Why should we not use the words cheap and dog carriers in the same sentence? Would it fall apart? Would our dog get hurt using a cheap dog carrier? Is it ok to buy a cheap dog carrier? What do we need to look for when buying a dog carrier? What size should we pick out?
  • Unique dog stuff - Show off celebrities that have great unique dog stuff. Do a search in Google Images for celebrity dogs. You will be amazed at what you will find!
Make sure to print these lists! Use a highlighter to mark off keyword phrases as you go and continue to work off your list for new ideas.

I will be back tomorrow with Part 2 of Writing Great Content - 5 Awesome Blogging Ideas

    by: Shawna Seigel

    Sign Up For Our Newsletter | Subscribe to our Blog | Subscribe To Our Radio Show

    Yahoo! Store Blog
    FREE Yahoo! Store Editor 101 Online Class
    Level 1 - Basic
    Level 2 - Starter
    Level 3 - Most Popular
    Level 4 - Bronze Package
    Level 5 - Silver Package
    Level 6 - Gold Package
    Top 15 Conversion Rates Enhancements
    Top 10 SEO Enhancements
    Top 10 Cool Enhancements
    Mentor Program
    Website Review & SEO
    Original Web Site Content
    Blog Content
    Mentor Program
    Tips & Info For Yahoo! Stores
    What is SEO?
    Get More Traffic!
    Tips and Tricks
    Save Money
    Merchant Account
    Yahoo! Store Help
    05.05   06.05   07.05   08.05   09.05   10.05   11.05   12.05   01.06   02.06   03.06   04.06   05.06   06.06   07.06   08.06   09.06   10.06   11.06   01.07   03.07   04.07   05.07   06.07   07.07   08.07   09.07   10.07   11.07   12.07   01.08   02.08   03.08   04.08   05.08   06.08   07.08   08.08   09.08   10.08   11.08   12.08   01.09   02.09   03.09   04.09   05.09   06.09   07.09   08.09   09.09   10.09   11.09   12.09   01.10   02.10   03.10   04.10   05.10   06.10   07.10   08.10   09.10   10.10   11.10   12.10   01.11   02.11   03.11   04.11   05.11   06.11   07.11   08.11   09.11   10.11   11.11   12.11   02.12   03.12   04.12   05.12   06.12   07.12   09.12   03.13   04.13   05.13   07.13   08.13   09.13   10.13   11.13   01.14   02.14   03.14   04.14   05.14   06.14   07.14   08.14   09.14   10.14   11.14   12.14   01.15   02.15   03.15   11.15   11.16  
    1 Choice 4 Your Store and its products are not associated with or endorsed by Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, and Yahoo! Store are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Click here for more copyright information.