Building, Expanding, Teaching, & Succeeding with Yahoo! Stores For 14 Years
Welcome to the 1 Choice Yahoo! Store Blog.
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Don't like RSS? That's Ok!
Subscribe to our Blog and get email updates. You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Thanks for coming by and please come back again soon!!
Monday, December 07, 2009
Greg Jarboe wrote the book YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day.
Greg also was a speaker here at SES Chicago and provided some great insight!
10 billion videos are watched on YouTube in august 2009
YouTube combines sophisticated text-matching techniques to find videos that are both important and relevant to your search.
The title, description, and the tags are most important to being found. Videos with a high number of hits and ratings will also get higher rankings.
How do you determine what search terms people use on YouTube? Go to YouTube and start typing in the search box. The search box will begin to tell you what people have been searching for. There is also a YouTube keyword suggestion tool.
This tool is a little less mature so the material is not the best.
Help your videos be discovered:
Title – 120 Characters
- Think of your title as a headline
- If you include brand name in title, it should go last
Description – 1,000 Characters
- Be as detailed as possible (short of entire transcript)
- Include URL’s with http:// to playlist or your website
Tags – 120 Characters
- Be as detailed as possible
- Include: Brand, City, topics
- Very useful for being found in search
- Every keyword in title should be in tags
Increasing video views without using any automated system
- Links in video description so you can cross-promote to a playlist on your channel or your website
- Video responses can point users to your next video
- Use annotations to link to another video
- Use captions to add subtitles to your video and reach a broader audience
- Embed your video and get additional videos with the context of a relevant website
- Do a video search for Matt Cutts and make note of the captions and annotations he uses in his videos
Compelling video content is second critical success factor on YouTube. Most videos steadily lose viewers once “play” is clicked after 10 seconds. Half the people watching your video will be gone after 1 minute.
Best video and audio formats for optimizing your video uploads change often. Keep up with the changes.
10 Kinds of TV commercials that change people’s brand preference:
Hot Spots compares viewership of a video to others of similar length
Option leaders play critical role in deciding which videos go viral
by: Shawna Seigel
Sign Up For Our Newsletter | Subscribe to our Blog | Subscribe To Our Radio Show
| Copyright 2000-2012 1 Choice 4 Your Store - The Yahoo! Store Design Experts. All rights reserved. |
|1 Choice 4 Your Store and its products are not associated with or endorsed by Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, and Yahoo! Store are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Click here for more copyright information.|