Building, Expanding, Teaching, & Succeeding with Yahoo! Stores For 14 Years
Welcome to the 1 Choice Yahoo! Store Blog.
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Don't like RSS? That's Ok!
Subscribe to our Blog and get email updates. You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Thanks for coming by and please come back again soon!!
Thursday, November 06, 2008
I came across the May 08 issue of the Free Trade Publication. By the way... if you do not have a subscription to this magazine, IT'S FREE. Get a free subscription because it has some really great information inside each month and HELLO IT'S FREE!
Ok now let me get to the point *laughing*
In this issue there is an article called, "Five Steps For Outsourcing Search Marketing."
In this article, it tested your search engine knowledge. I thought this would be a great test for our Yahoo Store Owners.
So are you ready to take the test?
Here you go!!
1) What activity on the Web is performed 550 million times per day in the US?
2) Describe the term canonical.
3) What is the most important Web page element for SEO?
4) What is the longtail?
5) What external influence will affect your search engine rankings the most?
6) What single company’s revenue represents 20 percent of the global online advertising spend?
7) Describe the most important benefit from SEO.
8) What factors influence ad position in Google AdWords?
9) Describe how to measure website and search marketing campaign success.
10) What distinguishes search marketing from every other form of advertising
Alright not too terribly hard right? So here are the answers.
Answers to quiz:
2) Refers to the non-www version of a domain (website) indexed as a duplicate of the www version.
3) The Title element.
4) Chris Anderson coined the term long tail, which refers to the economics of abundance. In search marketing, it means that you can make more by selling less with certain infrequently used keyword phrases.
5) Relevant inbound authority links.
7) Organic search engine traffic from relevant non-brand keywords.
8) Bid amount, CTR (click-through-rate), and landing page quality.
9) Define “what success means for you” in the way of business goals, then track changes in performance.
10) Search marketing is a pull-marketing strategy where prospects pull products toward themselves, as distinguished from the push or broadcast marketing used in advertising to push products toward prospects.
The article is called, "Five Steps For Outsourcing Search Marketing" and check it out if you were unable to answer the questions above.
And remember to get your free subscription to Website Magazine!
by: Shawna Seigel
Sign Up For Our Newsletter | Subscribe to our Blog | Subscribe To Our Radio Show
| Copyright 2000-2012 1 Choice 4 Your Store - The Yahoo! Store Design Experts. All rights reserved. |
|1 Choice 4 Your Store and its products are not associated with or endorsed by Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, and Yahoo! Store are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Click here for more copyright information.|