Building, Expanding, Teaching, & Succeeding with Yahoo! Stores For 14 Years
Welcome to the 1 Choice Yahoo! Store Blog.
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Don't like RSS? That's Ok!
Subscribe to our Blog and get email updates. You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Thanks for coming by and please come back again soon!!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Jay Berkowitz, CEO of TenGoldenRules.com
1. Micro Communications - The players are Twitter, YouTube, Blog Subscriptions. Sites to watch are Qik and Seesmic. Business applications YouTube product videos, subscriptions, twitter for business. Advanced strategies include viral traffic and build your personal subscriptions.
2. Reviews and Recommendations – TripAdvisor, Google, CNET, Amazon. Sites to watch are Yelp! and Angie’s List. Business applications include Ask for Ratings, Get Listed, Maps, So-So-Ro-Bo. Advanced strategies include build great products, great customer service, and community ratings is the product.
3. Customer Service is the new Marketing Department – The players are Richard at Dell, Amazon, Zappos. Sites to watch include Technorati, Blog Search, and Apple. Business applications include Monitor your Brand Message and Join the Conversation. Advanced strategies include be genuine, be transparent, and experiment.
4. Personal Branding – The players are Blogs, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Friend Feed is the site to watch. Business applications include LinkedIn, Facebook Groups, and video. Advanced strategies include Facebook Pages and YouTube Channels.
5. Great Content – 68% of people are searching on Google. The players are Google, Wordtracker, and KeywordDiscovery. Site to watch is Blended Search. Business applications include words on the page, links to your site, and meta tags and code. Advanced strategies include an apple a day, video content, social media content, and second click.
6. Everybody is Famous – LEARN NEW TRICKS AND TIPS BEFORE YOUR COMPETITORS. The players include ITunes, Blogger, WordPress, and PodioBooks. Make sure to watch ITunes Video. Business applications include You Are What You Publish, Blog 3-4 times per week, set schedule, 10GR Podcast 13. Advanced strategies include podcasting and conferences.
7. Open Architecture and Widgets – The players include Linux, MAC, Facebook, Amazon, and eBay. Sites to watch are Widgetbox and Iphone. Business applications include Create a Widget – straight to desktop. Advanced strategies include Facebook applications and straight to the iphone.
8. Payments – The players include PayPal, Bill Me Later, and Amazon. Sites to watch are Bill Me Later, National Payment Card, and Google Checkout. Business applications include trust, easy and familiarity. Advanced strategies include test for conversion.
9. Direct to Consumer PR – The players include PR Web and Business Wire. Sites to watch are NewsForce and business application is Direct to Google.
10. FREE – The players are Google and SEO Quake. Sites to watch are Compete, SpyFu, SEODigger, and Syntryx. Business applications include analytics, optimizer, and trends.
by: Shawna Seigel
Sign Up For Our Newsletter | Subscribe to our Blog | Subscribe To Our Radio Show
| Copyright 2000-2012 1 Choice 4 Your Store - The Yahoo! Store Design Experts. All rights reserved. |
|1 Choice 4 Your Store and its products are not associated with or endorsed by Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, and Yahoo! Store are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Click here for more copyright information.|