Welcome to the 1 Choice
Yahoo! Store Blog.
If you're new here, you may
want to subscribe to our
like RSS? That's Ok! Subscribe to our Blog
and get email updates. You
can also sign up for our monthly
Thanks for coming by and
please come back again soon!!
How, Where, When and Why to use Video to sell products on the Internet
with Adam Linquist, Director of Business Development, 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment
The medium itself became the endorsement: "As Seen On TV"
As Seen on the Internet
- A powerful sales statement that implies credibility
- Professional endorsement and/or "pitchman"
- Typically, professional level production value
- Usually, high cost production and distribution
- Eventual audience "burn-out" of message
The "Newness" of the medium creates Opportunity and Threat
- Not perceived as a statement of credibility
- Minimal "professional" endorsement sales strategy
- Instant distribution opportunity
- Low production to high production value
- Can be launched at minimal cost or fully scaled
- Can push the edge of the envelope
- Internet connection speeds affect consumer decision to view
- Streamed video is still perceived as a "new"
- Audiences can instantly share favorite ads with friends
- Social networking and Blogs allow product messages to move around the globe in a matter of days
- Marketing messages can also be instantly connected to positive or negative feedback
Internet Video Selling - A New FrontierRule #1 - The sales dynamic is changing
Rule #2 - Marketing is still marketing
- E-tail selling is not the same as bricks and mortar retail "selling"
- Worldwide comparison shopping can happen in a few minutes
- Consumer alternative can expand exponentially with a few clicks of a button
- Consumers can gain instant insight on product or brand experience from others before making a buying decision
Is video right for you?
- Consumers like to be educated before making a buying decision
- Most consumers will gravitate to video/sound demonstrations to engage all senses in the decision process
- Consumers still like to feel good about a purchase decision
- A good salesperson on video can and will sell "virtually"
Where do you use video?
- Is your product complicated to understand where video could be break it down into digestible components?
- Is your product's price point one where explaining unique features and benefits is important to justify value?
- Can showing your product be entertaining?
- Is your product sexy?
- Is your product interesting?
When to do video? NOW
- Home Page
- Product Pages
- Info Page
- Contact Us Page
- Public Relations Page
- Social Networks
- You Tube
- To make an long extension of a traditional ad
- Pod Casting
- The average consumer viewed slightly less than 100 minutes of online video content a month
- 80,000,000 videos are viewed each day on You Tube
- 59% of Internet users are viewing at least 1 video per week
- Nike ad pulled 22,000,000 views
- Google/Sprint mobile partnership
by: Shawna Seigel
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
| Subscribe to our Blog
| Subscribe To Our Radio Show