Building, Expanding, Teaching, & Succeeding with Yahoo! Stores For 14 Years
Welcome to the 1 Choice Yahoo! Store Blog.
If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Don't like RSS? That's Ok!
Subscribe to our Blog and get email updates. You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter.
Thanks for coming by and please come back again soon!!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Melissa Salas, Director of Marketing from buy.com introduced the session by explaining why should you use video on your website.
• Customers like to see what they are purchasing
• Build your brand and credibility
• Adds professionalism
• Helps you open yourself to a wider market
• Your videos can go viral bringing you in more traffic
• Efficient sales tool
• Adds credibility
• Gives you more creative expression
The panel included:
Now let’s get to the good stuff!
The theme for the day…it is essential for websites to have video! In fact people expect video.
Tim Carter, Founder, AskTheBuilder.com gave great advice on creating successful video. You want to solve a problem. People get on the internet for two reasons.
2. To solve a problem
You need to create 30 second to 2 minute videos to solve their problem. (From Shawna - Whether that problem is how to fix a leaky sink or what they should buy for their mothers birthday. Solve their problem!!)
It’s not about the quality of the video it is about the content. You want to help your visitors to solve a problem.
Tim Carter also added that 1 single 40 second video on 1 product page increased sales 400%. The video focused on how to solve a problem!
1 40 second video created to inform NOT sale the customer on a product page increased sales by 400%
Now that you understand that you absolutely need to add video to your website, Brian McCarthy, SVP Business Development, Revver gave some great advice for your new videos.
1. Streaming costs can be very expensive if you host on your own website. It is better to upload to a free server like Revver or YouTube
2. Affiliates now have the ability to add video
3. Once you create your new video, put your video everywhere!
4. The average video created is 2 minutes long
5. Most videos are watched from the workplace
6. Videos are searchable!! Make sure you use your keyword phrase as the title. Discuss your keyword phrase in the video as well. (From Shawna – Remember do not overdo this. Just like when you are writing content. You do not want to spam!)
Gary Vaynerchuk, Host, Wine Library TV explained the most important thing is to talk about what you know. If what you know about are redheaded hamsters, then video about redheaded hamsters. There are people out there looking for that information. Find your niche. Find your passion and video about it. You put out something that is good and you will win. It is not about the quality of the camera, lights, or make-up. It is all about the content!
Need help creating your video? The entire panelist loved the Flip Video! Take your video, plug into your computer, and upload. Done! It comes in all sorts of colors too! Cost around $150.00 and that is a great price! They all said it has great quality too! I will be buying one in the next few days and will let you know myself!
Flip Video On Amazon
by: Shawna Seigel
Sign Up For Our Newsletter | Subscribe to our Blog | Subscribe To Our Radio Show
| Copyright 2000-2012 1 Choice 4 Your Store - The Yahoo! Store Design Experts. All rights reserved. |
|1 Choice 4 Your Store and its products are not associated with or endorsed by Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, and Yahoo! Store are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. Click here for more copyright information.|