Welcome to the 1 Choice
Yahoo! Store Blog.
If you're new here, you may
want to subscribe to our
like RSS? That's Ok! Subscribe to our Blog
and get email updates. You
can also sign up for our monthly
Thanks for coming by and
please come back again soon!!
I was highly impressed with the level of information that Barbara Boser gave
at the SMX West Conference. She was part of the SEO & Social Media Marketing.
She has had over 60 articles reach the front page of Digg and this impressive
lady was also chosen as a stumbler on StumbleUpon
I have placed her official bio below and hope you find her information as
useful as we did!
Barbara stated that Digg sends more traffic and creates more links than any
other social media website.
Below are her tips for success!
- Make it unique
- Do not make it similar to any other top users
- Choose a unique name
- Choose a memorable avatar
- Be anonymous and likeable!
- Use that same identity on all sites to make identifying you easier when
- First 2 months could consume all of your free time.
- Read and learn what is popular in the different communities.
- Look for tools you can use within the sites and on the web.
- Subscribe to news feeds from sites that are popular in the community.
- Make sure it's not similar to any top user's profile.
- Be anonymous and likeable.
- Choose a unique name.
- Choose a memorable avatar.
- Get a Gmail account and an IM that goes with your user name.
- Use the same identity on all of the sites.
- Start with top users.
- See who the top users have as mutual friends and how is sharing stories
with them. Add them.
- Add anyone with an IM account and introduce yourself "briefly"
- Add friends who are super supportive.
- Avoid friends that will be high maintenance.
- Be one of the first ones to vote.
- If you think the post will get popular, leave a comment.
- If someone sends you a story to vote for, give them a quick reply
letting them know you got it.
- Vote every chance you get.
- Stumble while you vote.
- Learn how to write titles and descriptions for your submissions
- Don't submit duplicate stories.
- Don't submit more than 2-3 stories a day.
- Don't submit stories from your site YET.
- Submit from a variety of sources to all the sties you have a profile in.
- Begin by sharing your stories with users that have sent you stories, but
avoid top users.
- Don't take anything personally.
- Profiles should list all the sites you are a member of.
- Encourage people to contact you.
- Share stories that are interesting.
- Ask other users if they are on other sites and add them.
What NOT to do!
- Don't use multiple accounts on the same IP.
- Don't ask users you don't really know to submit for you.
- Don't become an annoyance to users.
Social Media Director
3 Dog Media, LLC
Barbara Boser oversees all social media marketing campaigns for 3 Dog Media,
LLC. Her daily routine consists of networking with other top users as well as
creating and implementing strategies with clients that will increase their
presence on community driven sites.
Having become a notable user in top social communities fairly quickly,
Barbara believes that success in social marketing is within anyone’s reach if
they put in the time and participate.
In her spare time she writes for her community blog for Santa Clarita and her
claim to fame SEOWife.
3 Dog Media is a full service internet marketing company specializing in SEO,
SMM, Reputation Management and Wordpress Development.
by: Shawna Seigel
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
| Subscribe to our Blog
| Subscribe To Our Radio Show